View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 02:52 PM  
xmas13
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
Ok, I rarely post on GFY, but this is a long one so be warned. I just couldn?t hold back.

Wow?I?m shocked.

I realize this is GFY?where ignorance is the norm and underage posters outnumber the adults, but I?m still shocked to see the sheer lack of intelligence displayed in this thread.

I?m not even going to bother responding to the anti-Semitic posts about Jews as these people are either severe racists or uneducated scumbags who think that hating and blaming others will somehow make their own miserable lives seem better.

I happen to be in Israel at this very moment on vacation. I?d love to know how many people who have posted have actually been to Israel? If you have not been here, you will not and can not understand. You are fed bullshit by the media, just like everything else in this world and believe it like a herd of sheep. Before forming an opinion, why don?t you actually get some real facts and real life experience? Otherwise, why not keep an open mind that things might not be as they seem?

Today my Israeli (Jewish) guide took us to an Arabic restaurant, located in a typically Arab market in the old city of Jerusalem. His friend owns the restaurant and treated us to an amazing lunch. Do you people realize that millions of Arabs live in Israel among the Jews peacefully? Arabs and Jews who live in Israel together have NO problems with each other. There is ZERO fighting among them. They live and work with each other on a daily basis and are very happy. Jews have no problems with Arabs, only with terrorists. There is a big difference between the two.

First, let me say, Israel is an amazing country. I?m not religious, so for me, it?s not about that. Over the last two weeks I?ve seen the entire country (except the two small areas where the conflict has been going on). This country is VERY warm, full of life, fun, great food, amazing night life, very diverse, etc, etc. Everyone here loves life, is friendly, willing to help a stranger and has real character. This is more than I can say about most people I?ve met in this world.

In the last two weeks I?ve experienced nightlife that rivals Las Vegas (in some ways it?s much better), amazing restaurants, whitewater rafting in the Jordan river, swimming in the beautiful Mediterranean Ocean, stayed in a guest house in the North of Israel which is green, lush and beautiful, toured Jerusalem, one of the oldest cities in the world and now I?m hanging at the dead sea, the lowest place in the world, waiting for a message and some pampering at the spa. Next, we?re off to the Red Sea for some world class scuba diving, swimming with the dolphins, etc. This small country has just about everything and the ?vibe? here is better than anywhere I?ve ever been.

Why did I mention everything above? Because most people have no idea what Israel is about. All they know is what they?ve seen in the news, which is all I knew before I came here. People think that they still ride camels here and that bullets are flying in the streets! All complete nonsense. Besides being an amazing country, it is VERY safe here. You have no idea that there is any conflict going on, as it is in two remote area of the country and only in response to terror attacks. There is almost no regular crime here, so in many ways, it?s much safer than most places in the world! Women can walk the streets here at 4:00am by themselves with no fear of being attacked, raped, etc. What a concept!

One final note ? We visited the holocaust museum today. What a heartbreaking experience. In my opinion, this is something everyone should do if they ever have the chance. People so easily forget what a horrific tragedy happened and is still happening in other parts of the world. It?s hard to believe that men can turn into such animals and take human life as if it was nothing. The ignorant, uneducated assholes who post racists remarks should take a step back and think about what they are saying and why, before spreading more hatred that the world could certainly do without.
True. Israel's a nice place, thats why many people are fed up with the war against neighbours. No one understands that Israelis want to live a peaceful life just like every occidental country.

Politics sucks