View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 05:47 PM  
S P A N N O W
Everywhere You Wanna Be!

Industry Role:
6. Discuss your FBI training.

Answer: I worked at the D.O.J. satellite as their webmaster. I established their in-house video editing department and began producing training videos. One day the Training Department Mgr asked me if I knew how to enhance video and handed me a vhs surveillance tape. I said lemme see what I can do. I "did my thing" to it and they were impressed. They asked me if I could put together a small little powerpoint presentation and would I be interested in making it into a class at an upcoming conference - of ocurse I said yes. So I made this PPT and prepared a small class for this show. The time came and they said here's your itinerary for the Symposium. I began to wonder what I'd gotten myself into. In 2002 I flew to Washington D.C. and delivered a course to Federal, State and Local law enforcement. There were FBI and Secret Service dudes there too I couldn't believe it. I was terrified but reasoned that they didn't know me and therefore assumed that I was an expert - so I walked out on stage (in front of 300 attendees) and was an expert on Surveillance Video Enhancement! LOL The symposium evals came back and folks voted my class in the top 3 classes there so the HTCIA (HiTech Crime Investigation Assoc.) asked me to prepare more classess and start doing these symposiums regularly. I made lots of friends at FBI, SS and all kinds of law enforcement - they all knew about my adult background and didnt care. My friends at the bureau even asked me to apply but THAT offer I had to decline. Even though they were cool with my adult bg that didn't mean I was comfortable with ANOTHER background investigation - fuck that (1st B.I. was for the service: TS Clearance)! Btw, those cops party just like WE do!

Last edited by S P A N N O W; 07-08-2006 at 07:32 PM..
S P A N N O W is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote