View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 11:50 AM  
gideongallery
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin-SFBucks View Post
To deny you your rights.. that is funny. You have the right to download anything you like at any time without having to prove that you have the right to do so. It's just assumed. I imagine that you have original copies or membership rights to every file indexed by TPB and that you have never accessed anything more than you have a legal right to. Yep.. you and everyone else that uses it.
i can only speak for myself, and yes i don't download things i don't have a right too

I use torrents to download tv shows mainly

I have used torrents to get a copy of software where i lost the cd (windows 95 because i had rebuilt my machine to windows nt and didn't think i need the cd anymore only to find out later that my upgrade licience to windows xp did not allow upgrades from nt)
or to get access to an old version of a software i had licienced that (search engine submission software i bought legally)

all of my torrent downloads are legally defined fair use access to the content i paid for.

Your exclusive right to control the distribution of your content (your copyright) is dependent on you respect my fair use rights.

If someone else is not complying with the law go after them, sue them, press charges against them for fraudlently joining the swarm.

“When crimes occur through the mail, you don’t shut the post office down,” Steve Wozniak
gideongallery is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote