View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 07:56 PM  
Kevin Marx
Confirmed User

I am not deliberatly ignoring anything.. they are not sharing files.. they are sharing instructions on where to find files (they are telling you how to do something illegal, and where to do it.. and who to do it with). That's a little more involved than saying.. did you hear Mike so and so has Photoshop CS3 available at their website? (they create levels of avoidance to circumvent the legality of what they are doing... we don't know who the seeders are.. we don't want to. We don't know the content they have.. we don't want to. We only provide a service. Look how little we actually have to do with anything... it's just a 84K file.. people are stealing 15GB files... we are miniscule in comparison... this started out as something just so our friends could share files we made with each other.... what does the pirate bay mean?? oh no. it has nothing to do with software piracy.. we just like that movie.. thought it was funny... oh.. those fuck off letters to the people in Hollywood and the music industry??? we were just kidding... yeah.. we really didn't know that people were abusing the torrents for illegal purposes). Just like your VCR comment.. I go back to my crack comment. Hey.. I dont' have crack with me.. you can have the crack.. it's at this location... but while you are here.. look at these nice flashy signs that say join AFF, and Fleshlight.. and wait.. AFF again.

Gideon.. you will make a good PIMP someday. Hey.. we aren't selling sex acts here. We are selling time. You get to be with my girls for an hour. How much for the hour you say??? Well.. that depends on how you want to spend that hour.. but yes.. if you two consenting adults want to have sex.. go for it. It's not going to cost you a thing.

TPB is an accessory to crime. They flaunt it and they flout it. No question about it. They actually encourage it by their actions. Just because SWEDEN isn't acknowleding what they are doing is criminal, does not change the fact that it is (come on.. bring it on... tell me what they are doing in sweden isn't illegal.... yeah.. i know.. so stop your services at the border... sorry but your computer handshake is occuring in both sweden and in the US. furthermore.. the seeders they are pointing to are almost completely in the US.. their location of the torrent is sketchy at best). If I had the time to learn swedish, i am sure there are lots of examples in their legal system that you can't violate copyrights. Regardless.. this is a great discussion.. someone backing up criminal activity.. you are a heck of a guy.

The torrent is not a VCR (my VCR does not store instructions on how to find American Idol content, or Survivor.... it records them for me and for me alone), for if it were, TPB would be guilty of storing stolen goods to which they have no legal right to retain and redistribute (you know they would have a hard time proving they have 4.8 million friends that forgot or lost all these things). The torrent is instructions for your computer to find a file from someone you do not know and that does not know you.

TPB is not walmart. Walmart is not in the habit of traficking illegal goods to make a profit.

There is no misrepresentation of the Torrent whatsoever. You can argue that it's not the content and that is fine by me. They are still using the content in a manner by which it is not to be used to make a profit for their organization. The manner by which it is being used is illegal. They are benefiting from the transfer of stolen or illegally used material.. I believe that, by anyone's definition, would be a crime.

I fully support any action by any organization that cripples or hinders their efforts in any way. If it be illegal, I don't wish to know the details, but much smarter men than I surely have some way of circumventing the law just as TPB is doing to ensure that their actions are "legal".