View Single Post
Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 PM  
Kevin Marx
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawAlex View Post
Kevin, Gideon's entire speil comes lock stock and badwill from the torrent site operators themselves. Using selective snippets of laws, using non-relevant judgements, and by attempting to classify their sites as something they are not, they attempt to weedle their way out of responsbility. Except for a very few places on earth, they have pretty much lost thier battle at every turn.

It is sort of like "file hosts" that don't just share files, but put them on html pages surrounded by ads and links off. That isn't file hosting anymore, that is a user contributed website. Those guys are next on the list of things that will go down.
Yeah.. I know. He's backing things up with things from multiple sides. If US law doesn't suit the argument, then use Swedish law.. if that doesnt' work.. back to the US.

My favorite is the FAIR USE... like it solves everything. Like the true intention of allowing you to back something up is so that you can be the one to share it with everyone without requiring you to be responsible.

The Internet is still the Wild Wild West in many regards and people are taking whatever opportunity they can to abuse logic.

I believe in Karma... what comes around goes around and all that.

TPB will get theirs in the end... as will gideon