View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 12:28 AM  
CDSmith
GFY HALL OF FAME DAMMIT!!!

Industry Role:
Location: My network is hosted at TECHIEMEDIA.net ...Wait, you meant where am *I* located at? Oh... okay, I'm in Winnipeg, Canada. Oops. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneprone View Post
What kind of Attorney do I need here.

People are telling me to lawyer up. Shit the only Attorney Ive ever worked with was a Criminal Defense Attorney.. He was expensive. And we went to trial and lost. (long story)

I dont think I need one of those guys. And I dont want to pay THOUSANDS for an attorney for this bullshit shakedown. (this is a shakedown no matter how you look at it)

What the process in getting an attorney? Last time I just asked around for who was the best. (it was to keep me out of jail)

This time I want something cheap. If im fighting over 9k, i dont want to pay 3k for an attorney.

What and how do I get one that can do the job for me?
Just phone the largest law firm that's closest to you, they should have the kind of lawyer you need on staff. Make an appointment, go tell them your story and bring your docs with you and within about 15 or 20 mins they should be able to let you know what your recouse is and ballpark you as to what it will cost.

Make sure they have a free consultation. Nothing sucks worse than talking to someone who ends up not being able to help you and then you still have to pay them something.

Oh, and paying a couple of grand to a lawyer to save yourself $9K (or more) sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Like BradM said, explore options with your lawyer for a possible countersuit, and get all your costs back and maybe a little extra on top of it. If this is a shakedown as you say it is then you deserve no less than full compensation, right?

ALWAYS THE HIGHEST PAYOUTS: Big Bux/ImLive SIGNUP ON NOW!!!

Put some PUSSYCA$H in your pocket.
ICQ me at: 31024634
CDSmith is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote