View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 02:35 AM  
darksoul
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneprone View Post
I doubt that. I signed a contract I didnt understand. And actually still dont. Its sooo vauge. But its a legal document.
I got OWNED.
Nope.
You have to understand they are two types of contracts. Negociated contracts which hold more value in courts and the ones of adhesion which you have no power over and they are ruled in the favour of the customer.

Quote:
The reasons the court gave for holding the EULA procedurally unconscionable apply to most EULAs. Even though the arbitration term was fully disclosed to consumers, the contract was one of "adhesion": an agreement imposed and drafted by the party with superior bargaining strength, which gave the consumer only the opportunity to accept or reject the contract, not to freely negotiate it. As a result, the customer's unequal bargaining power results in an absence of meaningful choice. The fact that the customers could choose a different carrier may mitigate, but not cure, the procedural unconscionability.
http://www.wired.com/politics/law/co...cuitcourt_0801

Just read up on abusive contracts and it will make more sense.
darksoul is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote