View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 07:31 AM  
directfiesta
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketkangaroo View Post
Unless they have actually served you with a lawsuit, I wouldn't worry about lawyers. They can run around claiming you owe money all they want, it doesn't matter. Until someone shows up at your door to serve you papers, legally they are owed nothing.

Now I'd also keep a check on your credit reports. If this does show up, immediately dispute the claim with the credit reporting agencies. They will then have to show proof that you owe the debt. This is not always easy for a collection agency as they have to go back to the hosting company and get the details. They only have 30 days to do this.

Other than that, just wait. If it's not on your credit report and you're not being sued, it's not a problem. If you are getting a lot of calls, tell them to stop calling you. By law they have to do so.

Don't let fuckers like this push you around.
right 100 %...

And if you get served lawsuit, try to get it moved to your small claims court if within the permitted amount... They hate small claims court .

I used to get from Hollywood Studios some bailiff served cease & desist in amounts of 300K or more and would tell my secretary to file them away ... ( I would have bought Canadian rights from the producer to distribute a film in Canada, and The US distributor was claiming that Canada was domestic, so my contract not valid ... one famous was on a J.C. Van Damme movie, his first one . ).

Do nothing, don't call them, refuse call from them or their reps, IGNORE them.

But I can't figure out how he can breathe or type , at the same time ....
directfiesta is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote