View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 09:33 AM  
boneprone
Hall Of Fame

Industry Role:
Hey guys. Lets make something clear here about contracts. Just becasue a host has customers sign contracts it does not make them a bad company. It does not make you the customer a fool for signing one and it does not mean the company is out to get you.

Im learning now that a lot of companies do use contracts. A lot dont. There is no good or bad guy here if they do or dont use one. The contracts are used to protect the company. The intent of them isnt to trick customers or use them for shakedowns. The old Jupiter or any host for that matter didnt seek out to shake people down.

What Navisite is doing here to me and what I have learned in the last 12 hours they are doing to MANY other people in our biz is special.
And to do this to me over a single 10mpbs server becasue I told them I wanted to leave and it was 3 weeks after this auto renewing contract is really just an assholeish move in there part. Nothing less. Sure Biz is Biz. Contracts are contracts but this is an abuse of the fact.

And for those of you saying well if they are going to charge you for it keep the server, take note that I closed the server back in NOV of 2007. Thats 2007. We are now over 1 year after the fact. I wasnt presented with this huge fine until March I believe it was.

Industry Hall Of Fame Legend Mike Jones
Bow to the Power - Still BP4L
http://gfyawards.com/hall-of-fame
Learn about it kids.
boneprone is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote