View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:08 AM  
boneprone
Hall Of Fame

Industry Role:
Yes. This was a shakedown.

Here's the Deal. I had several servers with them. Of which were FREE. Comped in exchange for good word.

When Navisite took over the first thing they did was try to shake me down for $$ for the comped servers. Back pay, current pay, you name it. Month after month threats of getting me to pay what they had no contract for. On servers that were free!

This pay server that we are fighting over now was the smallest one. It was the only server I was paying for. It was the only server with papers on.

After being shaken down for $$ on these servers they had no papers on that had been free for me for 4 years I decided it was time to leave. For one I knew these servers would no longer be comped, but what was worse we were looking at tens of thousands of dollars of back pay they wanted. On free servers! It was time to go.

I told them that it was time I moved on, they closed all the boxes, so I moved on.

It took them a few months to figure out what all they could get me on. They kept trying to bill me for what was comped and they had no papers on.
They knew they couldnt get me on those free servers. Those servers where where all my bandwith was being used and they wanted $$ for it.

The only thing they had me on was this one small server. So they dropped the pursuit of the big cash and now its just this one server.

$9000.00 for a server that was only used for 3 weeks.... THREE WEEKS!!
at 10mpbs. Up till that point I had paid on time and in full all the way up to the day I left. I even paid for those three weeks.. So really the 9k is for 0 weeks and just this unclear contract becasue I left 3 weeks too late.

A bit excessive.

But everything leading up to this was as well.
There was much more to this battle than many of you may think. The dollar amount was much higher and on something they had no ground to speak on. Yet they still tried getting money for it.

Yes, that is a shakedown.

You dont try to collect $$ on a gift.... Especially if that gift has no contract. And especially if that gift was given by someone else.
That would be a shakedown. Thats how I took it, and thats why I really left.

This bullshit now is just the remains of it.
And no, I wont pay it.

Industry Hall Of Fame Legend Mike Jones
Bow to the Power - Still BP4L
http://gfyawards.com/hall-of-fame
Learn about it kids.

Last edited by boneprone; 01-06-2009 at 11:12 AM..
boneprone is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote