View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 PM  
demigh0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneprone View Post
Yes. This was a shakedown.

Here's the Deal. I had several servers with them. Of which were FREE. Comped in exchange for good word.
And here, I think, is where much of the problem lies. We're finding there were a lot of favors and comp'd services provided by the previous owners of Jupiter where there was little or no documentation. The knowledge of these deals left when Ray and his management staff moved on. The only thing Navisite has to work with is the documentation that was left behind.

Navisite has to reconcile these accounts somehow and it's not a charity, it's in business to make money for it's shareholders. It has to account for it's space, bandwidth, equipment and electrical costs. It doesn't have the flexibility that a small privately owned company does.

Unfortunately acquisitions are quite often messy and the hardest hit are usually the customers. Merging one company into another is not an easy task. I've been through several mergers and there are always problems.

I see a lot here being blamed on Navisite that was actually caused by the old Jupiter owners/management (poor documentation, contract wording, etc). Deals were made outside of the contract terms that were never documented. Navisite has to work with what it has. In many cases that may only be the contract. Navisite didn't create the mess but it has to clean it up.
demigh0d is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote