View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 10:49 AM  
MediaGuy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
2. Just how humiliating can playing on a peewee hockey team be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyDream View Post
2. Just how humiliating can playing on a peewee hockey team be?
Imagine you don't want to play hockey, you don't care about sports (except tackle football in he mud) and you don't really skate so well... then you wrap on pads, armour, oversized jockstrap, and you're shoved out on the ice.

And you don't know the rules too clearly, don't know the flow of the game, never sure which end the puck is heading to, never know why and when you should be on the bench or on the ice...

And you fall on your ass, on your face, and another guys' stick all in the same game, almost score on your own goal.

Imagine then your parents and your girlfriend's parents (well she wanted to be my girlfiend and kinda stalked me the way 8 year old girls can) yelling to cheer you and yelling less and less... and all the parents yelling and angry (at everyone on the ice, at the coaches, at the referree) more and more...

I hung up the jockstrap after about fifteen minutes.

I think my mom thought it would be a good idea to get me to integrate, be a team player, not to be so independent and a reader/geek/nerd or something...

Pfft.

:D

YOU Are Industry News!
Press Releases: pr[at]payoutmag.com
Facebook: Payout Magazine! Facebook: MIKEB!
MediaGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote