View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 02:07 PM  
harvey
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
This is somewhat true but I have bought the script and I voted for the design I really want and right now It's leading so I'm happy lol.
I know which one do you like and it's the best for me as well, I already said that in the original thread. If you check the difference in votes between it and the other designs by the same designer, you'll notice a trend: there's a base of votes for all the designs by the same designer, and then you've the "independent" votes, which makes the difference. I voted for it myself. However, I do not think by any mean that was going on is fair, let alone smart. If I was the owner, I'd have chose BY MYSELF 5 different designs to cater the needs of a wider range of users, not 5 variations of (more or less) the same design. Again, I've no part in this at all and I guess St0ned will know better than me what's best for him and his script.

And another thing: although #21 is the best IMHO it's too strong, so it's great as a custom skin, but once you have 5 sites using the same skin, they will all look the same. For templates, it's always better to have the option of really simple, raw styles with no personality at all that you can modify via CSS in 5 minutes. The closer I see to that is 1, 2, 14, 15, 17, 19 which looks quite easy to modify (will depend on the coding, of course) yet they aren't getting much votes. So in a way, people is voting for a nice custom skin that they won't be able to use unless they want their sites looking exactly like everybody's else

note: just in case I don't mean "no personality at all" in a bad way, I consider Facebook design within that category and still one of the best damn layout designs I've ever seen