View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 04:15 PM  
Meeper
Confirmed User

I'll start off by saying I had a very good Internext experience this year in terms of business getting done. Obviously attendance was down (as is every show), but not enough to hinder productivity at the show.

The show floor definitely needs to be re-worked. About 80% of the booths looked like billing companies, and to be honest I didn't spend more than 5 minutes there. Most of the people I know didn't even bother buying a badge because the majority of the business being done was at the circle bar.

I don't necessarily agree with moving the show to a new hotel as stated above, because I feel that moving to an even lower budget hotel would hurt attendance rather than raise it. If you look at the most successful / productive shows in our industry right now - all of them rent out the entire hotel. This really makes it easier to network and connect with other industry players, although I don't know if that's as feasible in a place like Vegas.

Speed networking is always one of the best events at ANY show. Also like already stated, I would like to see more sponsored events to really bring everyone together and allow for more networking opportunities - like MOJO Host did for their welcome event. I don't really check out many of the seminars anymore, as most of them are filled with self promoting and little to no good information (unless you're just starting in the industry).

All in all I had a good experience this year at Internext, but there's definitely room for improvement (as there is with any show). See ya next year.

[SIZE="1"]
Hustler.com / BarelyLegal.com / HustlersReviews.com / HustlerTube.com / HustlerShare.com
Meeper is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote