View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 04:07 PM  
baddog
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by datatank View Post
Does host crowding apply to webhosting nameserver domains?

I am not going to pretend to know how G checks, however, we use a different NS for each C, even if the C is used on multiple servers.

We also allow private NS on all of our shared plans that use dedicated IPs. If you have a dedicated server you create your own NS and we recommend using a different NS for each C (at least. This will depend on how many domains you use on each IP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
Now this is a really nice and informative post, I really wanted to cry when I saw the first one in the series (even though I love Netbilling)

Maybe you could provide more information on how your solution is managed as opposed to the multi-servers approach. I've 11 servers right now and usually have to try 2 or 3 times until I find the correct one for some specific domain (but I'm dumb, so that counts as well )
Not sure I understand the question. If you are asking how I remember which site is on which server, most of the time I have to do a whois and find out what NS it is using. Then I use my chart that will tell me which server that will be.

If that does not answer your question, could you reword it please?
baddog is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote