View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:33 PM  
CYF
Coupon Guru

Industry Role:
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/myth-b...-ip-addresses/

Quote:
Why in this day and age does google continue to penalize sites that are virtual hosted? With ip addresses becoming harder to get/justify every day why does google discount the relevance of links that don?t come from a unique ip address. Please don?t just deny it, I think the Internet community deserves an explanation.

Craig?s reply was as follows:

I can?t just deny it? What are my other choices? Actually, Google handles virtually hosted domains and their links just the same as domains on unique IP addresses. If your ISP does virtual hosting correctly, you?ll never see a difference between the two cases. We do see a small percentage of ISPs every month that misconfigure their virtual hosting, which might account for this persistent misperception?thanks for giving me the chance to dispel a myth!

CYF is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote