View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 05:52 PM  
ShellyCrash
Confirmed User

Quote:
25.Who was your favorite teacher in high school and why?
High School was pretty boring, I didn't have the good fortune of having any teachers that were particularly challenging or inspiring.

In middle school though I did have one awesome teacher that I think really shaped my personality. 6th grade was when I got moved from regular classes to the gifted program. Most of the kids in there had been in those classes all through elementary school, because I was coming into things later in the game they really questioned if I was truly "elite" enough to be there and because I was so unlike these other kids I started to question it myself.

I had a math teacher that paid enough attention to notice the dynamic in the classroom, and he really went out of his way to try to engage me and keep me in the group. One day he pulled me aside and laid things down to me. He told me that I had every right to be in that class and not only was I as smart as the egg heads in there, I was smarter. Looking back I don't know how ethical it was, but when I pushed back he actually showed me the state test scores.

Just one of those moments that I reflect back on from time to time, taught me to have more faith in myself and that as long as you know your shit fuck what anyone else thinks.

I caught up with him last year:

He's a reverend now and an assistant principal at a very new and posh middle school near my current home (in middle school I lived in a rough area). I'm not even sure if he really remembered me or not, but he was happy to hear from me and it was cool reconnecing with someone who had a profound effect on me.

Start making money with the hottest hookup site!
up to $55 PPS or up to 75% Revshare
ICQ 196766477
ShellyCrash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote