View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 02:45 PM  
tony286
lurker

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
then at least make their lives difficult as hell: flood their hosts with DMCA notices, some will even immediately block the content. You might not be able to bring down the biggest ones, but a lot if not most of medium sized ones will cave.

Also stop letting them be affiliates, sponsors have been turning a blind eye to this for years.
Over the years I've contacted a ton of the sponsors who's members area content was put on sites by their own affiliates, at least 50% of the time nothing was done. Even Playboy Legal didn't suspend an affiliate who had basicully put the whole Cyber Club member's area online.

look I'm just saying that's how they'll spin it
and yes I agree if they would sue the guys who put up all this content, it would be great, but randomly (that's what's in the article says) suing people who downloaded it, no.
Go after the ones who are sharing a whole bunch of content, not the one who downloaded some of the content and don't share it after they downloaded it

okay, say they sent the DMCA notices, why don't they sue them after the torrent site didn't take down the torrent, I search Tawnee Stone on isohunt for instance, some stuff has been on there for 200-300 days

sent the DMCA to their hosts, much more effective (Paris from Play With Paris is doing it this way)

no agenda, just goes against my perception of fairness, going after little consumers, because you can't or won't go after the big providers, hell no, go after the pirates, we've heard enough horror stories about when RIAA did this

and again: clean up your affiliates
if someone is stealing then they arent a consumer.
tony286 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote