View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:08 PM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianJ View Post
Why bother making a site, when you can just blackmail people into giving you some cash.
Even better... why pay for content or shoot it yourself when you can just steal it... err.... I mean, have it user uploaded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianJ View Post
So, Robbie, I'm interested. What PROOF do you have they have stolen your content?
Videos have a funny way of just walking out of your site and ending up somewhere else.

Oh yea, proof....

Ever hear of the term receiving stolen property? That means that if someone steals a car stereo (or anything else) and you buy it, borrow it, or steal it from them, and then you get caught with it, guess what happens? Yea... you get charged with receiving stolen property. Crazy huh? So if you use that idea, everyone is guilty of stealing it (if they are downloading it for free) even if they were not the ones who actually stole it from the site.

Now, I have nooooo idea if that holds true for intellectual property or not (I would hope it does), I'm just saying... they are all guilty.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote