View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:50 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianJ View Post
But please, don't think that you are pirate-proof. I certainly didn't notice my username or IP when I was in your members' area. But I know it would take me 5 seconds in FCP to obfuscate that to enable me to upload it to any filesharing site I wanted.
You coming to Amsterdam? I'd love to have a beer and explain how one can be against piracy but also against fighting piracy face to face.
No you would not be able to do that. Re-READ what I said. Random places, random times. You can't "obfuscate" that. It's never in the same place at the same time. Jesus man, don't you realize I wasn't born yesterday? I've been doing this a long time. And I've been successful at everything I touch BECAUSE I'm such an anal retentive pit-bull work-a-holic who tries to think of every possible scenario in everything I do.

And no, I'm not going to Amsterdam this year. I'm really thinking about not going to anymore webmaster shows. It's been so dead the last year (because piracy is killing this business) . I'm actually thinking that I'm going to start taking Claudia-Marie and working the fan shows. Set up a booth and a special half price join page just for each show to sign up new members on the spot.

We have actually just had a record week on Claudia-Marie.Com The biggest week ever. And it's all due to the combination of viral marketing I'm doing and the expanded schedule of webcamming that CM is doing on Streamate (we have it set up on Streamate for a one click join to Claudia-Marie.Com right on Streamate).

I'm thinking that more of this LIVE fan interaction and viral marketing is the future. We just had 3 days in a row (including today) that have broke all of our sales records...and it's all type ins baby!

Anyway, I don't want to fight with you. You just have to understand that guys like me are very sensitive to the piracy issue. It's a direct hit to our very existence. So if I come at you kinda strong about it...please don't take it personally.