View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 03:20 AM  
DWB
Giggity

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

My actual question was still not answered by Steve though... will he sue people that DOWNLOAD the content from torrents or that UPLOAD it...

MAYOR difference in my opinion.. I have no problem when people get sued because they upload content for others to get it for free although they have no rights to do so...
Lets say Steve Lightspeed stole your car, then brought it to my house and gave it to me. Scratch that... he parks it at a local parking garage at the local mall where I then go and take your car. I'm now driving around town with your car, which I didn't technically steal directly from you, but it is now in my possession and I am using it. I know it's stolen but I don't care because you probably can't catch me.

1) I would still be legally held responsible and charged at least with receiving stolen property.

2) You would want to see me prosecuted right along with Steve, and I should be.

So the question becomes, how much are these videos actually worth? As someone who owns such a huge library of content, I'm sure you have a general idea how much each scene is worth over the course of time. It's a lot. In fact, over the course of time, just one scene will probably generate more money than what many cars are worth. So why is it OK to download them with no consequence if it's not OK for me to end up with your car after Steve stole it from you?

Everyone downloading the videos know they are stolen. They are equally as guilty as the uploader.
DWB is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote