View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktrader23 View Post
If nobody noticed I am LOLing about those in the industry that think suing fans will help anything. How about adapting to the current times and doing something DIFFERENT that will make you money?
Such as?

I read so much of this "Adapt or Die" shit and nothing to ever back it up. In your other thread you showed your ignorance of this business, pre Tubes or post Tubes. It was about finding a "special girl" to fulfill an idea. Pipe dreams at the best.

Steve is adapting and suing pirates. Time will tell if he makes money. Stop calling pirates fans and Nathan stop talking shit.

Quote:
Fighting against people who actually infringed on the content I can completely agree with, we send thousands of DMCA notices each and every week for our content. But fighting against the people that do not know better and download them, and actually get acquainted to your content and actually INCREASE your sales, that's just fucked up...

As many have said, start working on selling something that is worth buying instead of trying to make more money by suing people, this will end badly.. in 1 or 2 years we will have a nightmare on our hands...

You are alienating yourself towards your fans, it makes no sense, you will LOSE more than you gain...
If that were true sponsors would be seeing an increase in sales not a decrease. In the 1 or 2 years of Tubes we do have a nightmare on our hands. People pirating content are not fans.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote