View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 01:38 AM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbalah View Post
I saw figures, about how long it would take to sue everyone on kazaa for example.

3000 YEARS.

And after 1500 years i bet another 2000 years of work will be created.

If they started changing a few dollars online for a movie or an album, alot of people would pay for it.

The people have spoken, time to provide the products and services they DEMAND.
Here is the problem with that mindset. Many of the people who download simply will not pay even if the item is available online for a cheap price. Just go to torretfreak.com and read any of the articles that are about rulings or situations that go against pirates. Read the comments. They are filled with comments from people who say they will never pay and they actually see themselves as some kind of freedom fighter by downloading stuff for free. I'm sure there are some people who would pay, but most simply won't.

Prices for music are already very fair. 99cents per song is fair. $10 per album is fair. It is something you can keep and listen to forever and it never wears out or breaks. I have albums that I have listened to hundreds of times over the span of my life. I think pay $10 for something that will potentially entertain me for decades is fair. That said, even if the whole album was $2 there will still be a ton of people who would download it for free.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote