View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 03:43 AM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Here is something I never got about people worrying about suing customers.

I realize this is comparing two different things, but the idea is basically the same.

I live near one of those one stop shop stores. They have a big grocery section and also sell a lot of other stuff including TV's. CD's, DVD's, Games, clothes, auto parts etc. I would say that I do about 90% of my grocery shopping there. I also buy other stuff there because it is convienent. So say I spend around $500 a month there, a person might consider me to be a good customer. But I wouldn't have to steal too much from them before they were banning me from the store, good customer or not.

If said to them, "But I am a good customer. I buy a lot of stuff here. There are still 20 copies of this DVD on the shelf so you aren't going to be missing a sale if I take it. Just let me take a DVD or a CD or maybe a pair of shoes or something every now and then and I will keep coming back and shopping here. If you don't let me do that and you try to have me arrested, I'll take my business elsewhere." they would laugh me out of the store and invite me to take my business elsewhere. Yet somehow many content producers and media groups are afraid of upsetting those customers who are taking from them.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote