View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 03:53 AM  
alf6300
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
In 15+ years of experience with international wires, in the civilized and semi-civilized world, I have never seen a situation where a "corrupt file" (?) could delay critical payments for weeks (holidays or not).

Maybe I have always been lucky (could be).

However, people at Zombaio know perfectly that reputation is EVERYTHING in their business, especially now.

If it really was such a trivial technical problem, it's hard to believe that they could not find a way to solve it better and avoid ruining their reputation and business.

Still giving them the benefit of the doubt on the weird "technical problem", in the real world such things tend to happen because of (A) or (B):

(A) a sudden and severe cashflow problem
OR
(B) someone wants to run away with the money

I do NOT think, honestly, it's (B). From an external perspective, it looks like Zombaio was/is growing, so not the best time to run away with the treasure.

If it is (A), cashflow issues, then one would guess that something very specific and unexpected has happened.

Naturally, it's speculation: still, if they are sitting on a pile of cash and it is really JUST a trivial technical problem, they have/had obvious ways to dispel the rumors, and it would be strongly in their interest to do so. Now - not 1,2 or 7 day later.