View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 06:43 PM  
garce
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Whether you agree or not with this "occupy whatever city" shit, things are not going to get any better. Once this "protest" (and I use the term loosely) ends; something else will start up.

I fear that every iteration of the protests to follow will become more confrontational - if not outright violent.

A staggering number of people are terrified of the future, and there are a lot of charismatic asshats willing - and able - to take advantage of those fears. Alas, there is currently no-one in power capable of assuaging the very fears they've helped propagate and nurture.

Although Democrats and Republicans may express their concerns in different ways, extremes on both sides draw their power from one source: Fear. A lot of people on this planet are bat-shit terrified. And its going to get a lot worse.

Argue about Right vs. Left all you want. It makes no difference. There is no-one in power who has the the ability to ease people's fears. There is no-one waiting in the wings with either the intelligence or drive needed to address the concerns of the people they so laughingly profess to serve.

Also, consider that I'm ignoring the rest of the world, which is pretty much imploding. Keep feeding worthless paper money into failing economies and everything will be peachy keen. That's the plan, right?

Your religious and political beliefs are now - or will very soon be - irrelevant. Hell in a handbasket. Enjoy the ride.
garce is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote