View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 08:23 AM  
JoseSanchez

Industry Role:
Fuck you Paxum, I will not pay $100 for the privilege of using your card

I started registering for Paxum about a week ago. I don't live in the US so I uploaded my local driver's license (with my name and birthday in Latin letters) and my passport (of course it is written in English, too).

They emailed me back to say that I need to send them proof of address, even though i technically have my address on my license. Problem is I AM NOT FROM AMERICA so my license DOES NOT HAVE MY ADDRESS in ENGLISH.

NEITHER DOES MY PHONE BILL, electricity bill, or any other bill they want.

here is what they wrote:

Quote:
We regret the inconvenience but please understand that we must follow strict procedures and KYC regulations when approving documents. We assure you that all customers comply with the same verification process.
The document we accept as a valid proof of address are:
- Driver license containing address;
- National ID containing address;
- bank statement containing address (a statement of account from a real bank);
- utility bill (cable bill; phone bill; Internet bill; electricity bill; running water bill; gas bill) containing address;
- telephone bill containing address.

If the proof of address is not written in Latin characters, we will accept a notarized translation of the document. For a notarized translation to be valid it must contain the stamp, signature and phone number of the notary that issued it.
So what they are saying is that in addition to the $45 we each pay for each year we use their card, we also need to pay $50 (in my country, it's about $50 to get a notarized letter for this)? Did everyone here that has paxum, and everyone here says they have it, get notarized? it's hard for me to believe that i am in the only country in the world that doesn't send phone bills in english.

So fuck that shit. I went with paxum and not payoner because they are supposedly cheaper, but the truth is they charge $1 for the transactions, payoneer has them for free, so the atm fee being higher isn't as important - it ends up being the same anyway.

guess i am signing up for payoneer. they are safer anyway and i trust them more, I know a lot of people using them for years and my friends said they didn't have to send a NOTARIZED PROOF OF ADDRESS.

Redpass = not an option since they don't work with like anyone yet, maybe later.

Last edited by JoseSanchez; 01-10-2012 at 08:29 AM..
JoseSanchez is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote