View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:54 PM  
Adult Webmaster

Industry Role:
Some advice for password scripts for my new paysite?

Hi there, I've been making a certain type of fetish video for a few years and have developed my skill to the point where I think I could convince people to join a paysite to see my work. I have a marketing plan and enticing site design worked out, but I'm a bit confused by some of the technicalities.

Because of the nature of the design, and how I produce my videos, I want to upload everything by hand with no CMS software. The way I understand it, my paysite can be just two folders on my server - one is the public intro and the other is time-limit password protected. But when it comes to generating these passwords on payment do I have to rely on my payment processor? I plan to have several billing options available (CCBill, one of the paybyphone providers) and I'm concerned I won't be able to integrate them into a simple script.

I'm also building a bunch of affiliate resources which people can use to drive traffic to my site through (probably) CCBill's affiliate solution. I'm not sure if that will need to be taken into account when figuring out how to generate passwords... As you can see I am pretty uninformed about this stuff, but my content, site design, and marketing strategy "feel" like they will work. I wouldn't want to invest $5000 into a feeling at this stage, but I also don't want to use a third party to provide one of those all-in-one hosting/billing services. So I hope somebody can give me a little advice on setting up a bare-bones paysite script that generates passwords and is integrated with billing processing easily.

Thank you for any help.
Adult Webmaster is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote