View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 AM  
iSpyCams
Amateur Gynecologist

Industry Role:
I don't know anything about kink.com or you or your situation but as a matter of strategy the following occurs to me.

You shouldn't even be thinking about it unless you think you have the power to generate more than 100 Visa or 50 Mastercard transactions for them within a single calendar month.

If you can do that, (pretty fucking unlikely), then you have a chance of taking their processing down, assuming they only have one merchant account. (also pretty fucking unlikely) Anything else will roll like water off a duck's back and leave them in a position to hit you back hard, legally or however they roll.

If you succeed, you cut off their cash flow, including whatever they would have to pay a lawyer to sue you. I am assuming there's no great amount of cash to be gotten from you anyway or you wouldn't be whining about one lost sponsor.

However, in the end you only succeed in fucking up someone else's business and that may give you a fleeting feeling of satisfaction but it won't get you anywhere financially and you will have cashed in whatever credibility you have with your community.

Best bet is to seek out a competitor of theirs and push them instead. Positivity is the key to moving forward. I think if you look around you will see that it's pretty rare for publishers to use their marketing clout to negatively impact an advertiser or sponsor. Most likely it's because it's a waste of media, there's nothing to be gained from it and the effect is minimal.

So wash your hands and move on. The most you can gain is to find out what you did to piss them off so you don't do it again.

Last edited by iSpyCams; 04-20-2012 at 06:59 AM..
iSpyCams is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote