View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:05 AM  
BSleazy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreewayRick View Post
I would recommend that you don't use any SEO services from this board. I have tried at least 5 different SEO Experts from this board. Most of them can be described as an outright scam, while some of them may have had good intentions, at least.

SEO-Optimization seems to be the only business in the world where you can get paid for having good intentions. Even "real" Scammers at least have to put some effort into their scam.

None of the SEO Experts I've consulted have even gotten basic results (by that I mean 500-1000 unique visitors per day).

This is really sad, because I found somebody who now is marketing two websites with my content. All he does is upload to Xhamster and 2 or 3 other Tube sites, which leads to about 1000-2000 unique visitors per day per website (traffic which is converting, by the way).

So a guy that does nothing but some uploads (not a lot, just a few) to tube sites, gets better results than SEO Experts, who cost me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars...

Stay away as far as possible, is my personal recommendation.

What I also found striking is that not one single SEO Expert is interested in a % deal. Say 50% of the revenue generated by the SEO Expert belongs to the SEO Expert.

Nobody seems even remotely interested in such an arrangement. In any other business, if you market a product you get a %. Life insurances, cars, vacuum cleaners, you name it.

Only in the world of SEO, a %-based payment is completely out of the question, only a direct payment is possible. I wonder why that is?

No SEO Expert I met so far was willing to take responsibility for their results (I'm not even talking about conversions, only traffic). Lest anyone think that communism is dead!

It might be dead in countries like China, but in the world of SEO the idea that you get paid without achieving a result seems to be completely normal.
$100's of dollars will get you no results. You need a huge budget if you're targeting any competitive search terms.