View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 04:07 PM  
borked
Totally Borked

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWB View Post
Full length scenes, 10 - 35 minutes. But for streaming the biggest size is 1280x720. You can't stream huge videos and have everyone be able to stream them. You can also use alternate bit rate videos and load up a few options and the player can detect their bit rate and pull the appropriate video. That way everyone is covered no matter their speed. I believe both JW player and Flow player offer this.
right - dwb has this working flawlessly and it caters for low bw (mobile) people too. However, it isn't jw/flow player handling this, but the streamer, which i believe in this case is wowza. The player simply says to the streamer - here are the streams I want (eg 1000kbs, 3000kbs, 6000kbs), and the streamer determines in real time which can be delivered.

Transparent to the end user but this bitrate switching mid-stream is frikken excellent and well worth the extra MB in disk space to multi-encode in different bitrates.

For coding work - hit me up on andy // borkedcoder // com
(consider figuring out the email as test #1)

All models are wrong, but some are useful. George E.P. Box. p202
borked is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote