View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 03:34 PM  
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantchixx View Post
As with guitar amps in general before "multi-channel" became the norm for differentiation between distortion and clean, just turn off boost and roll back the guitar's volume as Iommi did

Or as an old bandmate did, employ the use of a volume pedal with it blocked at the clean position so sound doesn't shut off completely at fully low-position when rolled back and just roll forward to increase gain. He was able to go from ringing bell cleans to full on melt-your-face lead tones on his Rockmaster preamp doing so. So it should be easy enough on this setup, too.

In-fact, I rarely use my Blackstar clean channel, it's too (boutique) for my liking. I just set neck volume to low and when I need clean, there she is
Yeajh, I'm running through vintage silvertones now and that's what I do. I got the impression from the review though that the gain is always on with this amp.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote