View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 07:03 PM  
Rik Lear
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Just a bump for the night crowd.

But also this.

We have 4 systems using RSS feed readers across our monitors 24-7. With that said, out of all of the scrolling feeds, we were alerted to YNOT at around the time mentioned above. I then personally went to the splashpage, and bam. alerts went off. Our anti-virus (Kaspersky) went off literally 10 seconds ago as I type this.

This means that anyone visiting the site in just over the last 96 hours ago [up until 10 seconds ago] would obviously be infected. Our company only uses this software, having gone through the gamut of all anti-virus softwares in this industry for over a decade.

If any of you are getting alerts from Norton, McAfee, etc., let everyone know please. Otherwise, I'd personally do a full system scan, empty cache files, check for loc files, etc. You know the routine.

It's a shame, IMO, to see this BS happen to YNOT, just as it pissed me off to see moneycult's 'hosted' sub-directory be infected too for fucking 5 solid months.

Either way, check your shit if you've been to YNOT in the last 4 days. We are behind our systems literally 12-14 hours a day here at the offices, live, so this is something that I've been witnessing every fucking day since it started....