View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 07:21 AM  
sxcladies

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpbarron View Post
There are no "cryptocurrencies."[/URL] There is only Bitcoin. Your comparison is fallacious; there literally cannot be any other blockchains. This is a matter of pure math; the hashing power behind the Bitcoin network protects it from attack, and is much greater than that of all the other altcoins combined. It is trivial for a determined attacker to ruin Sexcoin, or any other knock-off; he needs only to point his miners at it just long enough for the difficulty to adjust, and then go away. The coin will never see another block (the thing the transactions go in).
You are missing a major point, the concentration of hash power for bitcoin is on the increase. Small time people are getting pushed out by people with huge mining operations as that problem will only continue to get worse as time goes on and the cost of constant upgrades keeps only the top few in the game so to speak. Remember the ghash problem of a few months ago where they got over 51% of network hash rate..... i guess it wasnt that impossible after all!

@newxxx i cant post urls yet but if you check the sxc forums or main site (easy google search should turn it up) they have a list of places accepting the coin

i dont think its up to date tho.
sxcladies is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook