View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 06:34 AM  
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by agora View Post
...That's why we have been so successful since 1999.
Let me just preface this was saying we have no dog in this race and just a bystander here. This post is not intended to pile on or anything.

We've been in this business, with the same site, since 1999 as well (and several years with another brand before parting with it). I've known and worked with, and continue to work with, many of the leading company's brokers and in-house SEO personnel but I can honestly say I don't recall "AdultAgencyAds" or "AdvertorialAgency" prior to just a couple of years ago when you started posting here. Was your company under a different name? I'm curious to see if we've worked with any of your brokers.

I WILL say this much, that one guy I have seen associated with you, manikunis (I think I read a thread here where you mentioned him or stuck up for him or something. If I am wrong, please correct me), sent me an unsolicited email on April 5, 2014 and tried to sell me links on sites he did not own. In fact I contacted those site owners -- because I KNOW them, and asked if he was an authorized broker and they said absolutely not. When I replied to manikunis with "I know the owners of these sites, prove to me you are authorized to sell links for them", he never replied.

So while YOU may not be scamming (I have no idea), one guy, manikunis, is/was trying to scam and he made no mention of adultagency ads or anything of the sort. Just spamming people trying to sell links on sites he does not own.

My advice to you would be to screen any of your "freelancers". There's a lot of us who run sites who have known one another for upwards of 20 years and I can assure you, we not only talk, but verify legitimacy with one another before embarking on a business transaction.

That said, carry on.

And BTW, that virus warning from Avast is still showing up on your site, I just tried to go there. The virus being reported is "URL:mal" and, thus, anyone with Avast! is unable to view your site.