Thread: Trump Said
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 01:13 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregE View Post
It's calledcollective punishment and it proved quite effective when employed by Hitler and Stalin among others as argued by Alan Dershowitz of all people.
Seems like I read something about that.

The Nazi's were having trouble in a village of one of the countries they occupied during the war and the people were killing Nazi soldiers in acts of what we now call "terrorism" (sound familiar?)

What I read was that the Nazi's rounded up everyone in the village in a circle and started shooting them until the people identified the "terrorists".

So yeah, it is very brutal. But probably the only way to fight brutality is with even greater brutality.
It definitely worked for the Nazi's in that situation.

Just like the Nazi's...we have no business invading and occupying other countries. But now that the U.S. has done so I think it's become pretty clear that trying to play "nice" isn't gonna work.
We should get the hell out of there and never do this again.
And if not....then the military should go full on nasty and take a page from the Nazi's book on how to control "terrorism".