View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 03:33 AM  
Adraco
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
For last year, I had an average conversion between 1:500 to 1:1000 of the unique visitors I sent to different sponsors.

But to send 1000 unique visitors, I need much more than 1000 uniques to my blog, website or whatever. Say it is a really hot banner for example and say 1 in 5 people who sees the banner will click on it. Then I need 5000 unique visitors to get 1000 to click on to the sponsor and do 1 signup.

Now, depending on what the value of each signup is, we can start to multiply it all. Say each signup is worth $35 to me.

Then I need 3 signups per $105 USD. To get those 3 signups, I need 15 000 unique vistors out of which 3000 click on to sponsor and 1 in 1000 signup.

If it would be totally linear, I would then need 10 times as much to get to $1050 per day.
Making it 150 000 on my site,
30 000 click on the banner and
30 of them signup,
earning me $1050 that day.

That is, however, not realistic. For one reason, mosts sites do not have 150 000 new unique visitors per day, some will be returning and they have already seen the banner and either signed up or decided to not signup.

Also, it would be spectacular to have a banner that consistently perform at 20% day after day, that is not realistic.

Just put your own numbers in and start doing the math. Cheers!