View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 09:06 PM  
Axeman
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredibleworkethic View Post
The only issue I see with this thread is that you're using revshare and not PPS. Revshare typically means everyone wins. I could see them being pissed if you send bad leads to PPS and they only stayed a member for a month. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
Agreed. Unless its a high CB rate attached, then the merchant definitely will lose with their CB % rising to levels that could cause them to lose a MID. That is why the OP asked them about the CB's on his joins. He says they never responded to that question. But that would be the key question on a revshare account.

CB's take time as well, so if suspected fraud is in place, you might withhold payment to allow time to pass and ensure those accounts didn't end up charging back post payment. Which some credit card scammer do. Sign up, spread sales around, wait for payment, and then the owners of the cards see the charges and chargeback. Even if on revshare, that is still a good chunk of money right out of the owners pocket.

If we find ourselves in doubt with an affiliate like this however, we will also tell them exactly what we are concerned about. Mostly why, without giving up all the flags in case that helps them defeat it, and tell them after X time, if all is clear and the CB rates fall in line with our regular rates, payment will be sent and resume regular schedule unless we see a spike after.

I can only speak on Revshare and how we do it, as we've never offered PPS.