View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 03:04 AM  
borg2of5

Industry Role:
I dropped all frameworks and PHP in general years ago. Personally, I prefer to have my entire "adult business" in one .NET Core solution with one project per website so that I can easily share code and functionalities between them.

It comes with a number of pros:

- You don't need to react to someone else's update cycle
- You don't need PHP on your server, your websites are single binaries and systemd services
- If you write a function for one website and it's a clean service, you can just include it in your other websites, too (in my case feeds, search functions, widgets etc)
- When you fix vulnerabilities and update your software, you decide how much backwards compatibility you break. And it won't break on production because it's not PHP. It won't even compile if it's broken so you notice before deploying

Also I aim to have a unit test for every edge case.

I suggest everyone who has development skills to just drop PHP, drop wordpress, build your software and make it right. There is no need to use an ancient, broken, slow-performing and unsafe scripting language like PHP in 2018. I understand that we didn't have many choices a decade ago but nowadays it's different.

Invest the time, create a good product and maintain it. There's a reason why none of the most popular adult websites are wordpress.

borg2of5 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote