View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 10:33 AM  
Paul Markham
Too old to care

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
Correct me if I am wrong.... The Coast Guard does in fact handle immigration issues, although only at sea. The Coast Guard is more of law enforcement than military. The National Guard cannot, however.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I recall times when the National Guard were used to police in America. Even to the extent of killing people.

America is being tested in an area it has so far failed every time. This time it's a mass test. A column of approximately 4,000 people are approaching the border. Let them in and the column becomes what it did in Europe. A constant stream of migrants.

So they claim they are fleeing violence in their home country and claim asylum. That's a claim millions can make, so there's a process they have to go through to prove they personally were being subjected to violence back home. They need a passport, proof that they will be arrested on return, need to be with their family, etc.

Fleeing poverty isn't good a enough reason to claim asylum. Otherwise most of Southern America has a right to walk into the USA. Along with most of the world.
Paul Markham is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote