View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 09:30 AM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Data: How long between studio release and availability on tubes and torrents?

How long do you think it takes for a brand new release by a studio to appear on some tubes and torrent sites?

This is something I was wondering, so I decided to delve into the data.

On the 1st February I launched some code to query my web crawlers and other sources.

I followed 40 top studio and paysite network Twitter accounts and some PR company accounts.

Then I set about running quick crawls across a sample of tubes and torrent sites.

Each time a new release was announced a time stamp was created of the first official channel sighting of the release, then a quick crawl began over 8 tube sites and 17 torrent sites.

This data sample ended today and the results are shocking (at least to me).

The shortest time measured between an announcement of a release and it's 1080p resolution availability for download or viewing was 7 minutes and 44 seconds.

The longest time measured between an announcement of a release and it's 1080p resolution availability for download or viewing was 2 hours 19 minutes 09 seconds*

The average time measured between an announcement of a release and it's 1080p resolution availability for download or viewing was 18 minutes 31 seconds

When a studio, producer or pay site network announce a release there is almost no time between the release and its availability though torrents or some tubes.

I placed a star * next to the longest time measured because this excludes titles that were not released in the sample period. Over the sample period just a few announced titles never made it to tubes or torrent sites.

Am I out of touch to even be surprised by the speed of these releases?
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote