View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 01:42 PM  
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto664 View Post
Hmm.. I don't remember when I buy your plugin was anyting about one year update?
It wasn't. It was stated in the agreement that you will receive free updates within the major version. E.g. if you bought version 7, all updates within it (7.000, 7.001 ... 7.1000 etc) are free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto664 View Post
And I see you push a 8.0 version - so what new is inside a number 8?
First of all, the new usage policy. I believe that one year of updates is a much more fair scheme in comparison to the previous one, because the customer who ordered a plugin a month before the next major version update won't feel worse than the one who bought it a couple of years before. Actually version 7 was released 3 years ago...

So now all customers are equal. Furthermore, the new usage policy also applies to those who bought version 7 less than a year ago, so they don't need to pay for an upgrade to version 8.

As about the new features etc, so there are on the way as usually. Technically version 8 implements only one new feature: now the images listed within the scrset attribute (these are usually used for responsive layouts) can be stored locally now. Thus you don't need to upgrade your license right now. You may wait till some new feature which is essential for you will be released. I'd recommend you to follow CyberSEO on Twitter in order to be informed about all news and features.

The latest release of version 7 is stable. It's well-tested: has no critical bugs or security issues, so it's a good point to switch the major version.

P.S. I have to remind that the owners of previous versions of CyberSEO (5, 6 and 7) can upgrade to version 8 at a 50% discount.