View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 08:09 AM  
sarettah
l8r

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by celandina View Post
NO for 15 years the same and only the same username As to my soap box:?

1) The girl makes her own content ( NOBODY paid her for her content !!)
2) she gives it to the cam company and gets a cut from her content.
3) some time later she wants to get married ( go to Uni, or get a better job) and wants HER content pulled.
4) the cam company maybe pulls HER !!! content , but there is a lot of schmucks who somehow think that they are entitled to continue to smear this girl all over the Internet.
5) so she hires a take-down company to clear her stuff...

... yet the schmucks complain that the content ( now illegal) is somehow taken from them.

Now you explain to me where I am wrong and I will apologize. If you cannot then

That actually sounds like improper use of DMCA. She changed her mind so now they are in breach?

There is a contract (either implied and written) between the cam model and the sponsor and between the sponsor and the affiliate.

That contract basically says that the sponsor can use the content from the cam model. The other side is the sponsor makes the content available to the affiliate.

Therefore, when the affiliate put the content up, they had full permission to do so. They have not violated the contract in any way.

DMCA is for content used without permission. An affiliate recording a cam show is probably (depending on the sponsor) using the content WITHOUT permission and can be DMCAd.

An affiliate using content provided by the sponsor for promotion is using the content WITH permission and should not be able to be DMCAd no matter what life choices the cam model has made.

sarettah is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote