View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 02:02 PM  
RazorSharpe
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by celandina View Post
NO for 15 years the same and only the same username As to my soap box:?

1) The girl makes her own content ( NOBODY paid her for her content !!)
2) she gives it to the cam company and gets a cut from her content.
3) some time later she wants to get married ( go to Uni, or get a better job) and wants HER content pulled.
4) the cam company maybe pulls HER !!! content , but there is a lot of schmucks who somehow think that they are entitled to continue to smear this girl all over the Internet.
5) so she hires a take-down company to clear her stuff...

... yet the schmucks complain that the content ( now illegal) is somehow taken from them.

Now you explain to me where I am wrong and I will apologize. If you cannot then
If after 15 years you don't understand that difference between a DMCA and a contractual issue, then I'm not sure anyone can really help you.

1. NOBODY pays her?
2. I thought NOBODY pays her. But now she's getting a cut.
3. There's a reason why one needs to be an adult to make adult decisions. It's 2020 and everyone knows that once stuff is on the internet, it's hard to get it off the internet. Having said that, if they asked legitimate affiliates to take down their content, I'm sure they would be accommodated. I can't speak for people who use content outside of the affiliate agreement/contract.
4. Again, you are speaking about people using content outside of the sponsor/affiliate agreement as if they are one and the same as legitimate affiliates. And "smear this girl all over the internet"? You do realise that he/she chose to be a cam model. No one pointed a gun at her head and forced her to do it. Re-read 3

Just because a site receives a DMCA does not mean they are using content illegally. On the contrary, lodging false DMCA ckaims seems to be the new cottage industry.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
RazorSharpe is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote