View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 10:24 AM  
Baphomet

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferus View Post
If someone guarantee you that the traffic they sell you "did at least one additional page-view", its because they are controlling the traffic (human click farms through zombie networks or bots)

Either way, stay clear of it

I have seen people do that, using the open-source AWS Lambda based application load tester I have designed, to feed traffic scripts with Bullshit traffic - usually through Russian bot networks.

That is the downside with give people access to your code - you cant control what they use it for.
You could not be more wrong!
We obviously have no control over how users interact on a site, which is why I wrote "You only have to pay" if X happens.

Look at it like... CPA networks only pay for traffic when an action occurs, traffic that does not convert, is basically free traffic.

We are pretty much the same, a site owner that buys traffic is buying on "CPA"
Traffic that does not convert, is free.

The trick to all this is for the advertiser to set the CPA high enough to also account for all the free traffic he will be getting. If his CPA rate is too low, our eCPM optimizer will not send much traffic.

On the upside... An advertiser with a nice site and high conversion % will get a high eCPM rate in our optimizer and will receive a lot of (probably also recurring) traffic.