View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 10:46 AM  
Colmike9
(>^_^)b

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVTimes View Post
The service charge thing, seems to be something they have started to do in the UK. I say started as I do not go to restaurants and I am gathering this is new from youtube vids.

I suspect it is legal, as all they have done is broken the bill down.

No different to having a hospital bill and it listing different costs in the bill.

Or even a gas or electric bill where they will give you a bill but sometimes break it down, one part cost of gas or electric and the other the monthly charge.

In some ways I see the logic, as many join and cancel for the month so they do not have to pay the rebill fee. It is I suspect even with Netflix people join then cancel, and download as much as they can in the month, then join again and repeat months later.
But what about people going in to a restaurant, ordering off the menu thinking that prices are lower, then later not realizing that there is an extra 10-20% added on the bill as a vague "service fee", and isn't a gratuity, after receiving the bill? Seems like bait and switch to me a little bit.
Colmike9 is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote