Thread: DVD Sales?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 12:13 PM  
loveinallitsforms69

Industry Role:
DVD Sales - North America?

Quote:
Originally Posted by notinmybackyard View Post
DVD sales are very much dependent on where you sell them.

According to our numbers, North America is perhaps the worst market for DVD sales because everyone is caught up in the Internet. On the other hand, many European nations and Japan still buy a decent number of DVDs. > Domestically we'll still sell apx. 600 units per title. Internationally, we'll grab 2K to 5k sales.
Thanks for some raw numbers, notinmybackyard. I wondered what was considered a fairly profitable number of units sold per title. I had heard about 3000.

I am from the Great White North and it is really hard to find older, less-common adult DVDs that ship to my country. I pay a US buyer $18 commission per DVD plus all other expenses to get something uncommon across the border. It is like a third-world country to get older adult DVDs here, although there are still a few adult video stores. Would you believe adultdvdmarketplace charges $40 shipping for the first DVD from a given seller at its international site? It is about $6 at its US site. And the US site has a far greater selection. Of course these purchases are a luxury, unlike eggs, although some might think otherwise!

Thanks.

Last edited by loveinallitsforms69; 02-26-2023 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: more information
loveinallitsforms69 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote