View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 09:46 AM  
notinmybackyard
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
This would make you an ad buyer rather than an affiliate I imagine?
We're producers and distribute the majority of our own product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
That's how I've seen social for the longest time. People trying their hardest to grind more and more of their life to get pennies.
It seems to me that you kind of had to be in this industry for 40 years or more to see how much superior things were in the past. For the most part, what hasn't changed is the average of how many copies a video will sell. So, it's safe to say 800 to 1000 copies per video. It was like that in the 80s and my experience says it's pretty much the same today.

What has changed is the amount of bullshit and work that you have to slug through to sell that many copies.

In the old days you put an ad in a magazine and waited for the orders. Or, you made a deal with a distributor and waited for your check to come in. Today, it's a cluster fuck of middle men, 3rd world pests and social media management. It's literally 3Xs' the work for less money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockept93 View Post
TikTok?
As far as I see it's working very well for models.
The people winning on platforms like TikTok are guys like Dylan Mulvaney. They've managed to sucker corporate America into giving them sponsorships based on how many followers and views they get. The corporations pay them millions for advertising for them. Unfortunately, corporate sponsorships aren't really happening for the adult industry or its performers.

The cold hard fact is that followers and views do not necessarily translate into buyers of your product. TikTok appears to have a serious problem with this and it's a dog fight for even the mainstream. This is the reason why guys Dylan Mulvaney are so desirable because the amount of media attention that they can generate around themselves is beyond amazing. The guy was named the spokesmodel for Tampax and suddenly the entire world is now talking about tampons.