View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 09:48 AM  
2MuchMark
Videochat Solutions

Industry Role:
Hi Bush Bandit,

Yes - we have alot of experience paying models by commission and flat-rate for chatting - I'm sure you can apply what we learned below to your own business too.

When I had setup my first websites back in the day, I had to solve the chieck and egg problem: How do I get users to spend money on my website if there are no models to talk to, and how do I get models to be online if there are no paying customers to earn from?

My solution was to pay them as Salary + Commission. When my team and I started writing our software, we baked in an accounting systyem that would track how long the models spend in free chat, and how much was spent in private chat and group chat. The administrator could then set the price per minute the model earned in each mode. At the time, we set the payouts to $13.50 per hour in free chat, $90.00 per hour in private chat, and $60.00 per hour per customer in group chat.

This format worked really well for us because the models love the idea of having a regular minimum pay that they could count on, and especially loved how it incentivized them to make more.

Some models took advantage of the flat-rate payout and became lazy, so we had to expand the system to give the models alerts to when they were under-performing. We also setup a semi-private section that would show the models a top list showing how well all fo the models were doing compared to all of the other models. Some of the models on the bottom of the list became incentivized to work harder, but it just made certain models even lazier. Alerts in our system would let us know when it was time to let a model go, or when it was time to give other models a bonus (Good sales, always on time, positive customer feedback, etc).

I think that paying models a base salary + commission is the best possible way you can run your business. It can be expensive if you make mistakes or ignore data, but done right, you and your models can thrive at the same time.

Good luck!!

VideoChat Solutions | Custom Software | IT Support
https://www.2much.net | https://www.lcntech.com
2MuchMark is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote