View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 01:07 PM  
CurrentlySober
Too lazy to wipe my ass

Industry Role:
Totally Mental thing happened to me today - MIND BLOWN!!!

This is almost the tech equivalent of a 'Dear Penthouse' letter, insofar as 'You wont believe it, but...'

So, as some of you know, I run a relatively successful youtube channel, where I film my daily dumps.
Now, I dont show my face in my videos, but that doesn't stop people from 'Recognizing me' & asking me if I'm called Bill...
It happens a few times a week, but usually, its only with local people, who more often than not, seem to want to ask me that and chat,
whenever I'm busy flying the drone... However, I digress... So...

This morning, I'm walking towards the 'observation deck' where I often start off my videos with a view out to sea, and this guy appears and asks me 'If I am Bill'...
OK, nothing that unusual so far, but I realise he has an American accent...

He tells me his name, and says that he works in New York, & lives in Connecticut, & he and his family really enjoy watching my videos...
Infact, he says he loves my videos so much, that they have come over to visit Teignmouth, and to do all of the sames walks that he watches me doing!

His son is with him, who's about 18 and at Harvard, along with his 'Trophy wife', who's utterly gorgeous but in a high class, 'Money is no object' kinda way...

So I said, kinda joking, "So you flew all the way to Teignmouth, three & a half thousand miles, just to follow the routes I take on my walk???"
He said, no, of course not - I wanted to hand deliver your Christmas present!

Well it's already pretty weird, but now we are heading right through the fucking looking glass, as he opens his rucksack, and produces a gift bag...

And It IS for me! It's got my name written on the tag, and it thanks me for the vids etc, so I open it up, & it's a DJI osmo mobile 6! Then, off they all go!

So, I now have to take it home, cause I cant really walk & film carrying a gift bag... So upon arrival, I take a look on amazon to see what it costs, thinking £30/£40 perhaps...
And it's worth nearly £150.00 ! W.T.F. ???

So my head is totally shot away now - Be fucking nice if I could go out everyday and get £150 gifts from random strangers!

Mental ! lol But it goes to prove that there are some really nice people out there... Just thought I'd share!

Now I need to work out what to use it for? I understand the gimbal for stabilization as I had one a few phones ago - But built in stabilization has got so good now... So, I'm off to scour youtube for some creative ideas!

CurrentlySober is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote